The Redmi Note series has managed to carve out an impressive list of favorites. Thanks to its exceptional manufacturing quality and tons of features at such a low price, it is becoming one of the most popular brands. Similarly, the latest offer of Xiaomi, the Redmi Note 7 Pro, follows the same path.
The device was launched with MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie. In terms of performance, the chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 runs on 8 cores. In addition, the internal memory is 128 GB and could be expanded via a microSD card. Regarding the camera, the dual rear camera has a 48MP + 5MP combination while the front one has a 13MP configuration.
But even with such amazing features, many users are running out of software, which is the custom Android that Xiaomi has to offer. The two main reasons are the tons of bloatware that MIUI has in itself and the presentation of ads, as well as in the Settings menu of the device. Although normal users do not have much choice in this regard, if you are one of the geeks who like to tweak the device software, there is definitely good news for you.
An OxygenOS port based on Android 9.0 Pie can now be worn on your Redmi Note 7 Pro. The process is quite simple. But before starting the procedure, please see the Prerequisites and Downloads section below.
The port below has been extracted from the OnePlus 7 Pro device and is being installed on the Redmi Note 7 Pro. So, obviously, there will be some bugs (mentioned below). Likewise, expect stability problems. Do not use it as a daily driver. It is recommended to try this only if you have a spare device.
In addition, installing TWRP Recovery and then blinking the port on your device is a complicated process. Only continue if you are fully aware of the risks and consequences associated with them. DroidViews or one of its members will be held responsible if anything happens to your device, even if you follow the mentioned guide.
No ROM or custom port is free of bugs. The same thing is the case in this port. You will find below some of the associated bugs.
- Still on the display does not work
- Problems with haptic vibrations
- FP wake up
- Have a full backup of your device. This process requires an unlocked boot loader on which TWRP Recovery is installed. And the unlocking process of the boot loader will completely erase your device. In addition, to install the OxygenOS port, you must also erase everything on your device.
- Redmi Note 7 Pro with an unlocked bootloader.
- Leave your charged device at the recommended minimum of 50% to avoid sudden shutdown during the blinking process of the OxygenOS port.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. Activate from settings > Developer options. Or use the help of our detailed guide to learn how to enable USB debugging on any Android device.
How to install the OxygenOS port on Redmi Note 7 Pro
The process must be divided into two parts. In the first section, we would install TWRP Recovery. Likewise, the next section will discuss flashing the OxygenOS port using the installed TWRP recovery.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Rename the downloaded TWRP recovery to twrp.img.
- Transfer it to the folder where you installed the Android SDK and the platform tools.
- In the same folder, type cmd in the address bar.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Type the code below to make sure that a successful ADB connection is established between your device and your PC:
- Now enter the code below to start your device fast boot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once in fastboot mode, you can easily flash the recovery TWRP now. Just enter the code below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now you can to restart your device. Use the following command:
TWRP Recovery is now installed successfully on your device. Continue to the next section to install the OxygenOS v9.5.8 port on your Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Steps to install Ported OxygenOS on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download and extract the OxygenOS port on your PC.
- Connect the device to the PC and enter the code below to boot it on TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- You must now clear everything before beginning the installation process. Under TWRP Recovery, press Wipe.
- Go to Advanced wiping and select all except internal storage. Make a forehand on the Slide to wipe button.
- Now, go back and press ascend. Press on Enable MTP.
- The device will now be displayed on your PC. Copy the vendor.img, boot.img and system.img OxygenOS port files and place them in the internal storage of your device.
- Go to Install and press the Install the image button on the bottom right.
- Navigate to the location where you placed the vendor.img file, boot.img, and system.img.
- Select the system.img file, perform a right Drag to flash. Do the same for the boot.img and vendor.img.
- Once done, go to To restart TWRP section and press System.
- Your device will now reboot on the Android system with the OxygenOS port installed.
Congratulations! The OxygenOS v9.5.8 port based on Android Pie is now installed successfully on the Redmi Note 7 Pro. If you have any questions about any part of this guide, please let us know in the comments below.