Malwarebytes Anti-Malware; the most famous Antimalware software that protects you from viruses, malware and anything that could affect your computer offline or online. Most people have it installed on their PCs and even companies prefer to use this software. However, some of you who download it for the first time may be faced with the problem that the software Malwarebytes does not open and it's an unpleasant problem that can cause you to ask yourself a question or even to google – why Malwarebytes is not open?
So today, I will offer you various solutions that can help you get rid of the problem. Let's look at the solutions one by one:
What to do when Malwarebytes is not open?
Here are the steps to follow to solve this problem.
1. Restart it again.
Go slowly first. Why work hard if easy solutions can help us. So, if you tried to open the software and it did not open, right? I suggest you close it now. Confused, how close is it not open? I will help you here. This issue is titled Malwarebytes works but does not open.
- press Ctrl + Shift + Esc open the processes in the task manager window.
- Look for the whole process that has a description named something related to Malwarebytes. As in my picture.
- Select these processes and press Final process button.
- Now what? You have closed the Malwarebytes software. So you can restart it again and check if the problem is solved or not.
2. Update Malwarebytes
Sometimes, when a new software update is started, there are sometimes small issues that can prevent the software from working properly or sometimes not working at all. But as soon as the problem is discovered, a new update is started and the error is resolved. Even may be possible in this case. So the update is worth a try.
- Go to www.malwarebytes.com & press the Free download button available on the right side of the webpage.
- After that, a new window will open and ask you to save the file wherever you want. press the save button here.
- Finally, when the download is complete, you can install the software updated and start the application.
3. Rename mbam.exe to explorer.exe
There are many malicious files and maybe some of them are on your PC and do not allow it to start. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware causing the question of Malwarebytes will not open after installation. This malicious file essentially prevents files.EXE Malwarebytes file to launch i.e. mbam.exe causing Malwarebytes does not open problem. So, what you can do is:
- Go to Local Disk C -> Program Files -> Malwarebytes -> Antimalware Folder
- Now, in this folder, look for the mbam.exe file.
- Right click the file and select the reappoint option.
- Rename the file with theexplorer.exe ' first name
This will help you start the program again and after starting your Malwarebytes, perform a malware scan and delete the malicious file. In addition, after deleting the malicious file, rename the explorer.exe to mbam.exe.
4. Run as an administrator
Check if you are the administrator or if the program you are running has administrative authorization. Because it does not have administrative access, some vulnerable third-party applications might not allow it to launch. So, if you do not run the software with administrator access, follow these steps:
- Search the Malwarebytes drop on the desk. If it's not on the desktop, follow the 1st step of the previous solution and open mbam.exe file.
- Right click on the file and select Run as an administrator option.
- If it works, you have found this problem and the solution too.
Note: You can give the program a permanent value Administrator access in this way –
- Right click on mbam.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as administrator -> Apply.
5. Start Malwarebytes in safe mode
Since we are not able to solve Malwarebytes does not open problem after all these efforts, we kept our unique goal of opening the antiMalware once and remove the suspicious file by scanning the system, since the Malwarebytes does not open because of a virus. We have another option to try, namely the Safe mode. Yes, there is a good chance that the software will run in safe mode. Once the software has started in safe mode, we can scan the system, which will remove the malicious file, which will prevent the software from opening. To prevent the malicious file from opening in safe mode, we will use safe mode with networking option and anti-malware will not encounter any resistance.
Start in Safe Mode – Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10:
- press the Windows + R keyboard key.
- Type & #39;msconfig"In the search dialog.
- Select the Start-up tab in the new dialog box appeared.
- Then in the Start-up tab, select Safe mode and in this Network.
- Click on D & #39; agreement & & To restart when you are prompted to start safe mode.
When you have finished booting into the operating system that you are using and you are now in safe mode, follow these steps:
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Scan the complete PC – a complete analysis of the system.
- Restart the PC in Ordinary fashion.
- Check now that the problem needs to be solved.
6. Reinstall Malwarebytes
Finally, if none of the previous solutions works for you, especially Malwarebytes does not open in safe mode then another solution that you can try is to reinstate Malwarebytes software. Resettlement should provide a solution to the problem. You can download the Malwarebytes application from its official website after the complete uninstallation of the software. If you plan to use an evaluation version, nothing to do. However, if you have a licensed version, then save your credentials.
Reinstallation would require the following steps:
- Open Control panel looking for the dialog box that appeared after pressing the the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then in the new window select Uninstall a program option.
- Select the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software from the list of options, then press uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstall is complete and the software has disappeared from the list.
- Using the Internet, download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software on the official website.
- Once the download is complete, start the installation and launch the program.
And with the program started, your problem could be solved here. So, you can now do a full system scan and make your PC free of malware or viruses.
Did it work?
I hope that with all these solutions, I could be helpful to you and you will have your Malwarebytes does not open problem solved. In addition, you can comment below in case you have doubts or even suggestions (if I missed something), to resolve this error and help others who could not find any solution anywhere. You can also contact the Malwarebytes official website forum and find out if they have something to offer you.