If you have been using a Samsung Galaxy device for some time like me, you will discover new information on the hardware buttons of the Galaxy Note 10 Plus. First of all, there is no more dedicated power button. Secondly, Samsung has changed the way we used to start Galaxy phones in Download or Odin mode.
How to turn off the Galaxy Note 10 Plus
If your phone is turned on and you want to turn it off by holding down the side button on the left side of your Galaxy Note 10 Plus, you will open the Samsung Bixby screen. The fact is that note 10 or note 10 plus does not have a hardware button to turn it off. How can we turn off the Galaxy Note 10 Plus?
- Open the Notifications panel or the Quick Settings page by scrolling down the status bar.
- Press the Power icon and select the Switch off or To restart option.
Start Galaxy Note 10 Plus in recovery mode
On my Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, I had used the Bixby + Volume + + Power buttons to start my phone in action recovery mode. The Galaxy Note 10, however, only has 3 hardware keys, including the upper volume, the lower volume, and the side key. To start your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus in stock recovery mode, follow the steps below:
- press the Volume + side buttons simultaneously for 3-4 seconds. Release the keys when entering recovery mode.
- Hold both buttons down until the next screen appears.
Method to enter Galaxy Note 10 Plus download mode
In fact, I wanted to update a different firmware on my Galaxy Note 10 Plus SM-975F because my device shut down suddenly during calls. I tried to clear the phone application cache and the Note 10 Plus cache via recovery, but it did not help. I then downloaded the latest firmware from the Galaxy Note 10 using Frija to flash it with the Samsung Odin tool. But when I tried the combination of Volume Down and Power Buttons to boot the device in Odin or Download mode, it simply restarted. For a moment, I wondered if Samsung had perhaps removed the possibility of entering the Galaxy Note 10 download mode!
It was then that I remembered a new option in the inventory recovery menu and decided to try it. Samsung has removed the old Volume Down + Power + Bixby key combination but you can still access the download mode. To access the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 download mode, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold Mount the sound and the Power keys at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
- In doing so, you will enter the Inventory Retrieval menu screen.
- Use the Increase and Decrease Volume buttons to navigate because the screen does not support touch.
- Go to & #39;Restart on the boot loaderOption and select it using the Power button.
- Your Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus will start in the Download mode now.
- You can now connect your Note 10 and launch Odin.
- With Odin, you can install the original Samsung firmware on your Note 10 or create a recovery image file with the help of Odin.
We will soon cover tutorials on installing TWRP recovery and rooting for Galaxy Note 10 and Note Plus. Stay tuned!