If I have to name an application that is useless under Windows, it is the application Movies and TV. Microsoft had previously the Premium Video service and this was where the app was convenient. This is no longer there. So, in this post, we will learn how to uninstall the Windows 10 Movies & TV application. We can do this via the Start menu, Settings, using a PowerShell command or a free uninstaller to remove apps.
How to uninstall Movies and TV App in Windows 10
You can remove or uninstall the Movies & TV application using these methods:
- Uninstall from the Start menu
- Uninstall via Settings
- Use a PowerShell command
- Use free third party software.
The application interface does not even get close to other Microsoft applications. Although you can add media servers, I would highly recommend Plex, Kodi or any other media player.
1) Uninstall Movies and TV App from the Start Menu
The easiest way to uninstall applications is to right-click. There are two ways, the new one with the recent update of Windows features.
- Click the Start button and tap Movies & TV.
- When the Movies & TV application appears in the list, right-click on it.
- Click on the uninstall option.
There is another uninstall option on the right side of the list that also reveals a quick action for the application.
2) Uninstall Movies and TV App via Settings
The first method works fine, but you can also uninstall via the settings
- Click Start Menu> Settings> System> Applications and Features.
- Wait until the application list is filled.
- Click the Movies & TV app.
- It will reveal the Move and Uninstall menu.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove Windows movies and TV.
3) Use a PowerShell command to remove the Movies and TV application.
If you are an experienced user, this method works wonders.
Open PowerShell with Administrator privileges and run the Remove Application Package command for the Movies and TV application:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.ZuneVideo | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the run is complete, the Movies & TV application will be uninstalled.
4) Use free third party software
Our free 10AppsManager software will allow you to easily uninstall and reinstall Windows Store applications. You can also use CCleaner, Store Applications Manager, or AppBuster to uninstall unwanted applications such as Movie and TV applications in Windows 10.
As you can see, it is easy to uninstall the Movies and TV application using one of these methods. Use PowerShell carefully and use the specific command. The settings menu is useful when you need to uninstall multiple applications. Otherwise, right clicking on the Start menu method is fine.
If you want to reinstall applications, you can do it through the Microsoft Store – or use these PowerShell commands to reinstall preinstalled applications.