Microsoft offers a startup or advice application that allows a new Windows user to learn about the operating system and its features. However, this application is of no use to experienced users and even if you uninstall, the features of Windows are not affected. In this article, we will learn how to uninstall the Windows 10 Tips application. We can do this via the Start menu, Settings, using a PowerShell command or a free uninstaller to remove apps.
How to uninstall Tips App on Windows 10
You can remove or uninstall the Tips application with the help of these methods:
- Uninstall from the Start menu
- Uninstall via Settings
- Use a PowerShell command
- Use free third party software.
Although we can search everything on the Internet, the Tips app is a great resource for who is new. So, if you see someone starting to use Windows, direct it to this application.
1) Uninstall Tips App in the Start menu
The easiest way to uninstall applications is to right-click. There are two ways, the new one with the recent update of Windows features.
- Click the Start button and type Advice
- When the Tips application appears in the list, right-click on it.
- Click on the uninstall option.
There is another uninstall option on the right side of the list that also reveals a quick action for the application.
2) Uninstall Tips App via Settings
The first method works fine, but you can also uninstall via the settings
- Click Start Menu> Settings> System> Applications and Features.
- Wait until the application list is filled.
- Click the Tips application.
- It will reveal the Move and Uninstall menu.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the tips from Windows.
3) Use a PowerShell command to remove the Tips application.
If you are an experienced user, this method works wonders.
Open PowerShell with Administrator privileges and run the Remove Application Package command for the Tips application:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Getstarted | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the run is complete, the Tips application will be uninstalled.
4) Use free third party software
You can also use CCleaner, 10AppsManager, or AppBuster to uninstall unwanted applications such as the Windows 10 Tips app.
As you can see, it's easy to uninstall the Tips app using one of the methods. Use PowerShell carefully and use the specific command. The settings menu is useful when you need to uninstall multiple applications. Otherwise, right clicking on the Start menu method is fine.
If you want to reinstall applications, you can do it through the Microsoft Store – or use these PowerShell commands to reinstall preinstalled applications.