If you have forgotten the administrator password on your Windows 11, 10, or 8.1 computer, don’t worry! You can still regain access to your computer by following these steps:
- Using a Password Reset Disk:
- Restart your computer and press F8 repeatedly while it is starting up.
- When the Advanced Startup Options menu appears, select Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
- net user administrator /active:yes
- This will activate the built-in Administrator account. 4. Type the following command and press Enter:
- net user <your_account_name> <new_password>
<your_account_name>with the name of your locked account and
<new_password>with your new password.
- Restart your computer and you should be able to log in with your new password.
- Resetting the Password Using Another Administrator Account:
- If you have another administrator account on your computer, you can use it to reset the password.
- Log in to the other administrator account.
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to “User Accounts” or “User Accounts and Family Safety.”
- Select “Manage another account” and choose the account whose password you want to reset.
- Click on “Change the password” and follow the prompts to set a new password.
- Resetting the Password Using Command Prompt:
- Boot your computer from a Windows installation USB or DVD.
- When the installation screen appears, press Shift + F10 to open a Command Prompt window.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
net user <username> <newpassword>
<username>with the name of the administrator account and
<newpassword>with the desired new password.)
- Restart your computer and log in with the new password.
- Use a third-party password reset tool
- If you don’t have a password reset disk or you forgot the password to your password reset disk, you can use a third-party password reset tool to reset your password.
- There are many different third-party password reset tools available, so you will need to choose one that is compatible with your version of Windows. Once you have chosen a tool, follow the instructions to reset your password.
Please note that resetting the administrator password without proper authorization is only recommended for personal use on your own computer. If you are having trouble accessing your computer in a professional or organizational setting, it is best to contact your system administrator for assistance.
These methods should help you reset the administrator password and regain access to your computer.