This tool checks the strength and security of all your saved passwords and tells you if they have been compromised. In addition, it will also provide you with personalized and applicable recommendations as and when needed. It is therefore important to check if your password does not respect the rules. And if they have been, change it immediately using Google Checkup Password and the instructions below. In addition, to further protect your account, think about what constitutes two-factor authentication or two-step verification.
Google password verification
Google's password verification tool serves the three main functions. These are:
1. To inform you if your passwords have been violated: Google claims to have found more than 4 billion usernames and passwords who were exposed. This is due to various security breaches. Your credentials could be among them. In this case, hackers may already have your username and password. Yet, it's never too late. Use Google Password Password Help and protect your account immediately.
2. To notify you if your passwords are used on different websites: This is one of the most obvious and yet most obvious mistakes that the majority of users seems to make. Just for their convenience, they usually use the same passwords for different websites. Sacrificing your security for ease of access is never a good idea. Understanding the same thing, Google will warn you to change these passwords on sites with the same password. Use Google's password verification tool to change your similar passwords on multiple websites.
3. To suggest that you use a much stronger password: If your password is: 12345678 or abcd1234, get ready to be notified by Google. Indeed, such types of passwords are easily identifiable by hackers and are more likely to be hacked. You will also need to change these passwords. You can also use the help of Google Password Passwordup.
Similar to your Google Account, your WiFi network must also be protected. Find out who steals your WiFi data and block them on Android.
Do not miss it: get free unlimited storage in Google Photos
Create strong passwords
Now that you know what Google Password Checkup does, check out the instructions below to reinforce your passwords.
- Head to the Google password manager website. You will be welcomed with a Welcome message. Press the To start option.
- Also be sure to log in with the account in which all your passwords are saved. You can choose your favorite account by clicking on the present avatar icon at the top right.
- Then, under the Verify the password section, click Check passwords.
- Click on Check passwords button. You will now need to authenticate your account. Enter your credentials and let Google confirm you.
- The Google password verification tool will now start scanning all your (registered) passwords on different websites. He will then produce a report composed of three parts:
- Compromised passwords: Passwords that have been affected as a result of a data breach.
- Passwords reused: Same password that you use on different websites.
- Low passwords: Websites on which you use weak passwords.
- Of the three problems, compromised passwords must be corrected as soon as possible. Then you can continue with the other two.
- To do this, click on the button Compromised passwords section then on the to change the password ability to change your existing password. You can also click three vertical dots next to the Compromised Passwords section for View, delete or Update Your password. Keep doing this until all the problems have been solved.
Congratulations! You now have a secure account on all your connected websites. Google Password Checkup is indeed a very useful tool that must be used by everyone. Share this message with other people to inform them of this feature and thus secure their accounts.
Read more: How to report malicious Android apps