Recently, the Google Play Help Forum has been filled with the same reports: “Your transaction can not be completed”. The questions addressed to forum moderators and their answers are similar to as following:
As you can see, the direct answer only concerns the question of methods of payment accepted. Virtual prepaid cards are not supported by the Google payments service. No news there. With regard to users facing the problem for other reasons, no explanation or advice has been given. Which means that there is no known universal way to solve the problem. Meanwhile, Google Help Forum moderators send users to the Google Tech help service, experienced users share their experience on how to solve the problem with other users. We managed to combine their reports together and wrote the valid statement that we present here.
The problem is this: when you try to buy a paid app in the Google Play Store or to attach a new credit card, your smartphone displays the massage “Your transaction can not be completedThe most common reason is an attempt to use ineligible payment methods, let’s try to understand what’s going on.
1) First of all, make sure that the payment method chosen is the eligible method of payment. The following methods are not supported by Google Play:
- Bank transfer
- Western Union;
- Gram of money;
- Virtual credit cards;
- Health Savings Account
- Transit cards;
- Any type of blocked payment
In particular, virtual prepaid cards like US Unlocked, MoneyPolo, EntroPay etc., are not supported officially by Google Payments. As a result, the error occurs.
2) If your payment method is Google eligible, Google published the page where the problem arises and the method of their fixation has been listed. However, in most cases, just run a sequence of steps:
1) Change the payment method:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Select “Accounts” in the menu;
- Select “Payment Settings” in the Payment Methods section;
- Open https://payments.google.com if necessary;
- Select the payment method you want to delete.
- Press “Delete” and to send your decision, press “Yes”.
2) Delete a Google Account:
- Open “Settings”;
- Go to the “Account” section and select “Google” and then the account you want to delete.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner;
- Select “Delete account”.
3) Add a new Google Account:
- Open “Settings”;
- In the “Account” section, select “Google” and press “Add Account”;
- Follow the instructions to add a new account.
4) Add the payment method:
- Open “Google Play Store”
- Press “Menu” -> “Account” -> Add a payment method;
- Follow the instructions on your screen;
- A new payment method will be added to your Google Account.
That’s it. Any user activity is to remove the payment method at the source of the problem and the Google Account, and then to read both. Usually, it works. If you have another effective method, share it with our readers in Comments. Maybe it will be the one who helps somebody.