If you start to face an unusual error on your computer screen saying "0xC0000022", your PC crashes temporarily and becomes unstable at times. Do not worry, you are not alone in this error.
Many Windows users complain about this problem. You will find this message extremely useful for correcting this error.
What is the 0xC0000022 error?
The error 0xC0000022 indicates that the access rights are a problem if the software protection service is stopped or damaged. You can initialize or stop the startup type of software protection services from the General tab. Also run the System File Checker scan on your system. For applications written in Visual Basic, the Error 0xc0000022 normally indicates a permission problem with a required DLL (dynamically linked library) file.
-Most of the time, this problem can be avoided by running the program with administrator privileges. You can do this easily by right-clicking on the application shortcut and pressing Run as an administrator.
How is this error Caused?
We know that this error is due to one or more of the following reasons:
Reason 1: Access rights are not defined correctly
The main cause of this error is a Windows application that can not access the other files needed to run it.
Reason 2: The system files are damaged or corrupted
The other common cause is a corrupted Windows system file due to a write error on the disk. The 0xc0000022 error may be caused by damage to the Windows system files. Invalid and corrupt system file entries can pose a real threat to the well-being of your computer.
Many activities can cause system file errors. Half installation, incomplete uninstall, improper installation of applications or hardware. It can also be increased if your computer has just been recovered from a virus attack or adware / spyware or by an inappropriate system power down. All of the above activities may result in the invalidation or corruption of entries in Windows system files. This invalid system file will result in missing and incorrectly linked data as well as the files necessary for the proper functioning of the application. The error can also be caused by a malware infection by modifying the Windows system files.
How to fix 0xc0000022 errors easily?
Here are the methods that will help you fix this error: –
Method 1: Advanced Computer User Solution (Manual Update)
1. Start your computer and log in as administrator.
2. Click the Start button, then choose All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then tap System Restore.
3. In the new window, choose the "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option, and then tap Next.
4. Choose the most recent system recovery point in the index "On this list, click a recovery point," and then click Next.
5. Tap Next in the verification window.
6. Restart the system after the restore is complete.
Method 2: Install / Repair Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable 2013
The unavailability or corruption of a Microsoft V0xC0000022isual C ++ redistributable package can cause a 0xc0000022 error on Windows 10. You must install it if you have not already done so. If you already have it installed on your computer, follow these precautions to repair it.
- Go to Control Panel and open Programs and Features.
2. Now look for the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 redistributable package in the given index.
3. Right-click on it and press the Edit button. Now, look for the repair option. Tap on to repair the installation.
It will take a fraction of a second to finish. After you finish, you must restart your system.
Method 3: Change the File Permission
Sometimes, incorrect file permissions can cause this problem. Therefore, you must have full control over the file. To do this, right-click the icon used to open the application, and then choose Properties. Go to the Security tab and click the Edit button. In the next pop-up window, choose the current user account and make sure that the Full Control option is confirmed. Do this and save your currency.
Method 4: Look for corrupted files
The SFC utility allows you to scan your hard drive for invalid files that might trigger the 0xc0000022 error.
Follow these steps to run this tool:
1. Click Start.
cmd in the search field.
3. Right-click the result of the command prompt and choose Run As Administrator.
4. Write: SFC / scannow.
5. Press Enter.
If you are unable to start Windows, you can run SFC from Safe Mode or Easy Recovery Essentials.
To start your system in safe mode, follow these steps:
- Delete all unnecessary applications from your system and restart your computer.
- Click F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Choose safe mode using the arrow buttons and press Enter.
Method 5: miscellaneous solution
If all the steps mentioned above do not solve the problem, do the following:
- You can capture while using Process Monitor while reproducing the error information.
- Look in the Process Monitor log index "ACCESS DENIED" to determine which file is generating the error.
- Move to this file in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties.
- Tap the Security tab.
- A message may appear on the screen and indicate "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object." Even if this message does not appear, click the Advanced button.
- Tap Add and enter the user name of the error-prone user account. (You can also enter the name of a group to which the error-sensitive account belongs, for example, Administrators or Everyone.)
- Go to the box next to "Full Control" and click OK.
- Try to run the application that showed the error.
- There may be multiple files with permissions issues, so if you still receive the same error message, you will need to repeat steps 1 to 9 until the problem is resolved.
These are all possible methods for dealing with this particular error. If you are having trouble implementing these methods, please let me know in the comments.
If you're one of those users who still have this error, visit the official Microsoft forum site. I hope to have helped you to correct this error.