In a multiuser environment, it is not surprising that other users ask the computer administrator to change their password. They could have forgotten, or the account is locked or anything else. In this article, we will explain how, as an administrator, you can change the password of another user in Windows 10.
How can the administrator change the password of another user?
There are several ways to change the password of the user in a Windows 10 computer, especially when it is the password of another user. You can do it using:
- Control Panel
- Computer Management
- Command Prompt or PowerShell
If you are using a Microsoft account under Windows 10 and have forgotten your PIN, you can choose to log in with the password of the MS account. If you do not remember, you can reset it online.
1) Change Windows 10 User Password from Control Panel
- Type control in the Start menu and start the control panel application or type control in the prompt, then press Enter.
- Set the view by category, and then click User Accounts> User Accounts>Manage another account.
- When you find the user on the next screen for which you want to change the password, select it.
- This will open the user profile option for this user. Click on To change the password.
- In the next screen, you must enter the new password twice, then click OK to confirm.
Here is a warning though. When a password is changed in this manner, the user loses all EFS encrypted files, personal certificates, and the password stored for Web sites and network resources.
2) Change the Windows 10 user password in Computer Management
- In the prompt, type compmgmt.msc and press the Enter key. This will open the management console of the computer.
- Navigate to Computer Management> System Tools> Local users and groups -> users in the left pane.
- Right-click the user for whom you want to change the password, and then select Set password.
- You will receive a warning screen stating that the current password will be reset, could result in loss of information, and so on.
- Click on Proceed button to confirm.
- Enter your new password twice and click on D & #39; agreement.
3) Change the Windows 10 password using Netplwiz
- Open the runtime prompt using the Windows + R keys. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
- This will open the User Accounts window with a list of all users of the computer.
- Select the user account for which you want to change the password, then click the button Reset password button.
- Enter the new password for your user account, and then click D & #39; agreement.
Related, connected, related: How to change the user name of a Windows account with the help of netplwiz
If the user account is linked to a Microsoft account, you will not be allowed to change the password or set a new password.
4) Change the password of the Windows 10 user from a command prompt
Here we will use the surfer A command that allows administrators to add or modify user accounts or view user account information.
- Open PowerShell or a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type surfer and press Enter to display the list of all computer user accounts. Note the exact name of the user name.
- Type surfer
- Press Enter, the password of the Windows 10 user will be changed.
We hope the tutorial was easy to understand. As an administrator, you now have several ways to change the password of a user account in Windows 10.