Yesterday you had Windows 10 on your laptop / PC. But now, when you turn on your system, the message 0xc0000034 indicating that the boot configuration file is missing interests you.
The only good news is that your data is not lost and you can recover it all (we'll show you how). The bad news is that you will have to do some work to restore this missing file. Here is how to correct a startup error of the "configuration data file" in the Windows 10 operating system:
What is the error "0xc0000034"?
Some users have reported an annoying problem with their computer or laptop. Instead of booting into Windows, the mentioned computers suffer a cryptic failure and instead of greeting the user with the user's desktop, these computers only display an error. The boot configuration data file is missing some important information with the error code "0xc0000034"
What are the reasons for this error?
Here are some of the reasons why this error occurred in your system.
- The error code 0xc0000034 is related to BCD. If the Boot BCD file is damaged or missing important information, the error 0xc0000034 appears on your screen.
- Unreadable system files are stored in bad sectors of the hard drive.
- You may install hardware or software that is incompatible with the computer system.
- In this case, the Windows operating system must be restored or reinstalled.
How to Fix 0xc0000034 on Windows?
Unfortunately, there is no option given to solve this problem and no user-friendly explanation of what to do next or even what this error actually means and why it occurs. You should know that your computer, regardless of the operating system installed, consists of several components.
Error Code 0xc0000034: This is a recovery error code indicating that startup configuration data files do not contain a valid operating system. This article describes how to handle error code 0xc0000034 for Windows 10/8/7.
Here are some ways that can be used to solve this problem.
1. Manual repair
I. Start in the installation media and when you see Press any key to boot from a CD or DVD. click on a key on your keyboard
ii. Now click on Next and then on Repair your computer.
iii. Next to Troubleshooting> Advanced Options. Now hurry sure Command prompt.
iv. A new black window will open. Type the following command, followed by typing Enter after each line.
Bootrec / fixmbr
Bootrec / fixboot
Bootrec / scanos
Bootrec / rebuildbcd
The command Bootrec / scanos will give you a list with all Windows systems found. Click you please A and Enter to install them in the startup information, then go to the following commands.
Then, try to restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.
2. Fix the 0xc0000034 error when using Windows auto repair.
Windows auto repair tool provided by Microsoft to a Windows user. It automatically repairs small Windows errors. The best part is its integrated windows that you do not need to download anymore, but we need a Windows installation media such as Windows or USB booted. Follow the steps below.
- Restart your Windows system and insert Windows installation media. Press the key specified for your laptop to start (the key matches the make and model of the laptop) when the key is displayed on the screen.2.Click Next in the start menu, and choose Repair your computer.3. Now click Troubleshoot and select Auto Repair.
4. Click Operating System to check the problem of your Windows system and fix it.
5. The Windows auto repair tool takes time to wait until the end.
6. If the auto repair tool can not correct this error, try the following solution.
3. Refresh your PC
Updating your Windows 10 will not affect your personal files. To run the refresh operation, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- press the F8 key or F11 key
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Refresh your PC.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process
4. Check and repair bad sectors
If the error occurs quite often, you can check and repair the bad sectors of your hard drive. Many tools can be used for this purpose.
Here are some tools that can be used.
- EaseUS Partition Master Free
- Hard Disk Regenerator
- Active hard disk monitor
- Data Lifeguard by WD
Note: Repairing bad sectors damages data stored on or near bad sectors. So you have to back up the files before trying to fix them. If the software fails to repair the bad sectors, you will need to send it to the service center or replace the hard drive with a new one.
All of the methods mentioned above will surely help you fix the 0xc0000034 error under Windows 10, 8, 7. If you encounter a problem while implementing the above methods, please let me know in comments.
If you still need help with anything, let us know in the comments section below and we will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.