To be able to install watchOS 8 Developer Beta on an Apple Watch, you must first download and install iOS 15 Beta on the paired iPhone! Apple released the very first test versions of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and macOS Monterey, right after the WWDC21 Keynote. Here we show you how to update them step by step.
WatchOS 8 Developer Beta Requirements
If your Apple Watch is capable of running watchOS 7, it is also compatible with watchOS 8. However, before you begin, please be aware that Apple recommends installing beta versions only on secondary devices. Additionally, watchOS 8 Beta is different from its siblings in that you cannot revert to the most recent public version of watchOS 7 once you have committed to the testing program.
How to update to watchOS 8 Developer Beta
1. Update iPhone to iOS 15 Developer Beta
To install iOS 15 Beta on your iPhone, you must first get the IOS 15 configuration profile. This is done from the Apple Developer Page. Once the beta profile is installed, you can upgrade to the iOS 15 developer beta in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Tutorial: We have already published a detailed step-by-step guide on this process. You can read it here.
2. Install the watchOS 8 beta profile on iPhone
With the iOS 15 Beta installed on the paired iPhone, you need to visit the Apple Developer Page again and download the watchOS 8 configuration profile.
- Connect with your Apple ID.
- Press on Discover and let’s go watchOS.
- Tap Download and make sure you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- Use the Install profile option.
- Tap To permit, to confirm that you are ok with downloading the file.
- Press on Install and enter your iPhone password if necessary.
- Go for Install again and again to confirm that you want to deploy the watchOS 8 Beta profile.
- Tap To restart, to confirm that you want to restart your device for the changes to take effect.
3. Download watchOS 8 Beta on Apple Watch
Before you begin, make sure your wrist gadget is connected to Wi-Fi, tethered to the MagSafe charger, and near the paired iPhone:
- Open the apple Watch the app on iPhone.
- In the My watch tab, press General.
- Go for Software update and watchOS 8 Beta should appear on the screen.
- Press on Download and install.
- Enter your iPhone password, Accept with Apple’s terms and be patient until the watchOS 8 Beta file is downloaded to your device.
4. Install watchOS 8 Beta on Apple Watch
Once the update has been downloaded and verified, the Install now the button becomes available.
Tap on it to start the last step of this update process.
Your Apple Watch will automatically restart when watchOS 8 is ready for use.
Did you know that you can also install watchOS 8 Beta directly from your wrist? This is possible if you have an Apple Watch Series 6 model.
How? ‘Or’ What:
– Click it Digital crown and go to Settings application.
– Browse for General -> Software update.
– faucet Install and confirm with Okay.
– Open it Watch application on your iPhone and Accept Apple’s terms and conditions.
– faucet Download and install on your Apple Watch and be patient until watchOS 8 Beta is installed on your wrist gadget.
Have you successfully installed watchOS 8 Beta on your Apple Watch. What are your thoughts. Share your comments using the comments section available below. Do not hesitate to ask if you need further clarification.
Related: If you are a fan of software updates and new features, you can also try macOS Monterey Developer beta!