The Voice Recorder application of Windows 10 is another basic application available on Windows. It is essential to have such tools during the last installation, but if you use an alternative sound recorder, you no longer need it. In this article, we will learn how to uninstall the Windows 10 Voice Recorder application. We can do this via the Start menu, Settings, using a PowerShell command or a free uninstaller to remove apps.
How to uninstall the Voice Recorder application in Windows 10
You can remove or uninstall the Voice Recorder application using these methods:
- Uninstall from the Start menu
- Uninstall via Settings
- Use a PowerShell command
- Use free third party software.
Voice Recorder helps you record audio with the help of a microphone on your computer. Even if it does not offer many options, it works without problems. So, unless you have an alternative, do not uninstall it.
1) Uninstall Voice Recorder App from the Start Menu
The easiest way to uninstall applications is to right-click. There are two ways, the new one with the recent update of Windows features.
- Click the Start button and type Voice Recorder.
- When the Voice Recorder application appears in the list, right-click it.
- Click on the uninstall option.
There is another uninstall option on the right side of the list that also reveals a quick action for the application.
2) Uninstall Voice Recorder application via Settings
The first method works fine, but you can also uninstall via the settings
- Click Start Menu> Settings> System> Applications and Features.
- Wait until the application list is filled.
- Click the Voice Recorder application.
- It will reveal the Move and Uninstall menu.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the Windows voice recorder.
3) Use a PowerShell command to delete the Voice Recorder application.
If you are an experienced user, this method works wonders.
Open PowerShell with Administrator privileges and run the Remove Application Package command for the Voice Recorder application:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.soundrecorder | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the run is complete, the Voice Recorder application will be uninstalled.
4) Use free third party software
You can also use CCleaner, 10AppsManager, or AppBuster to uninstall unwanted applications such as the Voice Recorder application in Windows 10.
As you can see, it is easy to uninstall the Voice Recorder application using one of the methods. Use PowerShell carefully and use the specific command. The settings menu is useful when you need to uninstall multiple applications. Otherwise, right clicking on the Start menu method is fine.
If you want to reinstall applications, you can do it through the Microsoft Store – or use these PowerShell commands to reinstall preinstalled applications.