When you save your BitLocker recovery key on your Microsoft account, the recovery key is saved online on your onedrive you can get, if ever locked encrypted drive. This article will show you how to delete a BitLocker recovery key saved on your OneDrive after it was saved to your Microsoft account in Windows 10.
A BitLocker recovery key is a special key that you can create when you turn on Bitlocker reader encryption for the first time on every drive you encrypt. You can use the recovery key to access your BitLocker encrypted drives.
Backing up the BitLocker recovery key
You can back up the BitLocker recovery key for an encrypted drive by printing it, saving it to your Microsoft account, saving it to a USB flash drive and / or registering it in a file at your convenience.
It is recommended that you store the recovery key separately from your computer and create additional copies for security purposes and have them available if necessary to recover the encrypted drive.
Delete the BitLocker recovery key from the Microsoft account
- Visit onedrive.live.come Access the BitLocker Recovery Keys page on the OneDrive page of your Microsoft Online account and sign in, if you have not already done so.
- Click on the name of the computer or Removable Data Drives – BitLocker To Go where the recovery keys were saved to view them.
- Click on Wipe off link to the right of the recovery key you want to remove from your OneDrive.
- If you delete all registered recovery keys from a computer, the name of the computer will also be deleted.
- Click on Wipe off on the prompt to confirm.
Here's how to remove the BitLocker recovery key from the Microsoft account (OneDrive) in Windows 10.