LineageOS, one of the most popular readers in the custom ROM environment, released LineageOS 17 for Mi A2. This ROM version is based on Android 10 and corresponds to an almost pure AOSP ROM. This means that you will only enjoy all the basic features and stock of the latest Android operating system. But there will be no additional features or features. Screenshots are also attached at the end of this guide for reference. So let's start with the installation part. In addition, once Android 10 installed on your device, do not forget to check our article on the 10 new features of Android 10 to get excited.
LineageOS 17 for Mi A2 is currently in the alpha stage, the first stage of its release, so expect it to be very unstable. In no case should it be used as a daily driver. Even the developer says that this should not exist, except that everything works smoothly and perfectly. In addition, this ROM only concerns the Mi A2 and will not work even on the Mi 6X or the Mi A2 Lite. In addition, the installation requires an unlocked boot loader, which will erase all your data. So make a backup beforehand. In any case, DroidViews or one of its members could not be held responsible if anything happened on your device during the installation of this ROM.
At any time, if you wish to return to Android 9.0 Pie, your WiFi signals will be lost. To resolve this problem, you must start your device on TWRP Recovery (instructions are given in the next section), before installing LineageOS 17. From recovery, go to Backup and select Persist. Drag to create its backup. Now, every time you install an Android 9.0 ROM, restore the Persist file as well. For that, under TWRP, go to Restore, select the saved folder and finally press the Persist file.
- Your device the boot loader must be unlocked.
- Create a complete safeguard from your Android device. Indeed, unlocking the boot loader will erase all your data on the internal storage. Even if it's unlocked, there's no harm in having a backup. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > safeguard > Save now.
- Activate USB debugging on your device. Go to Settings > About the phone > Tap on Construction number 7 times> Back to Settings > Developer options > Activate the USB debug switch. You can also see our detailed guide on how to enable USB debugging on Android devices.
- Download the Android SDK and platform tools.
- Also download the following Android 10 based files for your Mi A2:
Install Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi A2
The guide on how to install Android 10 on Mi A2 is divided into two steps for your convenience. The first step is to start your device on TWRP Recovery. In the second step, instructions for installing LineageOS 17 are given. Before you begin the installation, be sure to move the Magisk zip file to your device's internal storage.
STEP 1: Start your device with TWRP
- Install the Android SDK and platform tools on your PC.
- Download the TWRP Recovery and rename to twrp. Move it to the platform-tools folder.
- In the same folder, enter cmd in the address bar. This will open the command prompt.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Enter the code below to start your device. fast boot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Finally, start your device for TWRP recovery using the code below:
fastboot boot twrp.img
STEP 2: Install LineageOS 17 on Mi A2
- Under TWRP, go to Wipe and select Advanced wiping.
- Then select Dalvik / Cache ART, System, Seller and The data. Make DO NOT select Internal storage.
- Swipe right to erase the selected partitions.
- We will now install Android 10 on Mi A2. For that, go to Install, select the LineageOS 17 zip and install it on your device.
- Then you must change your current location. For that, go to To restart and tap the reverse slot. For example, if your location is A, press B and vice versa.
- To restart your device to Recovery for the changes to take place.
- Once your device has been started on TWRP Recovery, you can root it if you prefer. This is completely optional. Just go to Install and select the Magisk-v19.4.zip file. Swipe right to make it blink.
- Finally, you can now restart your device. Go to To restart and press System. Your device will now start on Android OS.
That's it. You have successfully installed Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi A2. The first start will take longer than usual, it's normal. You will also find below some of the screenshots. Take a look (click to enlarge).
Screenshots of Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi A2
To read further: How to Enable Magisk Fingerprint Authentication for Superuser Requests