Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro Using ROM Fastboot
Although the dual partition system on OnePlus 7 Pro facilitates system upgrades for non-root users, it does pose some problems for ROM installation. If you're not careful, linking your OnePlus 7 Pro to a bootloop is very easy. If you are not lucky, you can even tinker with your device. You can not start it, so encrypted storage is not available for TWRP. In the case of a soft brick, the flashing of a normal ROM does not work either. This is when a quick ROM can be useful.
That's why XDA member mauronofrio has created several Quick Start ROMs for multiple OnePlus devices. This simplifies the process of restoring OnePlus 7 Pro and other OnePlus devices to easily store and delete the OxygenOS ROM. Otherwise you will have to download a lot of things, handle an MSM tool and all the rest. However, like many popular tools for Android devices, this only works on Windows. That's unless you want to get your hands dirty and flash manually.
- OnePlus 7 Pro with an unlocked bootloader.
- Windows users will also need to install the OnePlus USB drivers.
- Installing the Quick Acceleration ROM will erase your entire device. So make sure to save everything, if possible.
Download the OnePlus 7 Pro Oxygen OS ROM
Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro and standard OxygenOS ROM
- Download a quick start ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro.
- We have linked the latest versions above for your convenience, but if you see this later, you should check the other versions. Maybe a newer version is available.
- At the time of writing these lines, 10.0.1-GM21AA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.21_OTA_021_all_1910071446_6f7c731d5aa7dbe-FASTBOOT.zip is the last on the stable channel.
- If you want the open beta, OB3-OnePlus7ProOxygen_13.W.11_OTA_011_all_1910081744_6d354fcd2951e-FASTBOOT.zip is currently the last.
- Extract the downloaded zip into a folder on your computer.
- Restart your OnePlus 7 Pro in quick start mode.
- Turn it off.
- Now, hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time.
- Keep the buttons pressed until text appears on the screen, as shown below.
- In Quick Start mode, connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- From there, Windows users can easily unplug their OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Double click on the flash all.bat file in the quick extract ROM folder.
- Assuming all the drivers are properly installed, Windows will detect your device and the ROM will be displayed there.
- During the process, you might see a message saying "Invalid source file format in the magic header". This is what you expect and there is probably nothing to complain about, so wait and do not worry.
Other "Flash All" files
When you extract the Fastboot ROM files, you will find that there are many other Flash files other than flash all.bat. Under normal circumstances, the only file you need to use to unbrick the OnePlus 7 Pro is flash-all-scores-fastboot.bat. However, depending on your situation, you can also use one of the other Flash files. In case of hard brick, when nothing seems to work, you may need to use flash-all-partitions.bat.
This .bat file will flash all possible partitions via fastboot (except persist), some critical partitions can not be flashed via fastboot.
This .bat file will only flash the persistent partition in quick start mode (suitable for people with sensor problems).
This .bat will start the twrp and flash the critical partitions, use it carefully.
This .bat file is identical to the old flash-all.bat and it will only flash vendor, system and boot.
This .bat will run flash-all-scores-fastboot.batthen Flash-only-persist.bat then flash-all-partition-recovery-criticals.bat.
To familiarize yourself with all the actions that can be performed via ADB and Fastboot, please see our detailed list of ADB, ADB Shell, and Fastboot commands.
Read more: 10 things I hate about Android