This mid-range smartphone is aimed at users who prefer an excellent price / performance ratio. Well, if you're looking for a good mid-range smartphone running Android, the new Moto G8 Plus might impress you.
So here's all you need to know about the Motorola G8 Plus.
Read also: Update Android 10: When will your phone get it?
Moto G8 Plus: specifications and features
As mentioned above, Moto G8 Plus is a mid-range smartphone. As a result, Moto G8 Plus sports a complete plastic construction. That said, the overall aesthetic of the Moto G8 Plus is flawless.
The 6.3-inch Full HD + screen of this smartphone is ideal for multimedia consumption. The Motorola brand logo on the back of this smartphone also acts as a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The proven Snapdragon 665 processor powers the Motorola G8 Plus. Well, this SoC can effortlessly handle everyday tasks such as phone calls, web browsing and social media.
Plus, you can even rely on this processor for resource-intensive tasks, such as photo / video editing, intensive multitasking, word processing, and more. Finally, the Adreno 610 GPU is ideal for casual games.
Regarding the disadvantages, the Moto G8 Plus has only 4 GB of RAM, which does not allow the Snapdragon 665 processor to operate at its full potential. Motorola should have offered a variant of RAM 6 GB to frequent users.
Moto G8 Plus Specifications
- 6.3 "Full HD LCD screen with a resolution of 1080 × 2280 pixels and a 19: 9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage 64GB (eMMC 5.1), expandable storage up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM Hybrid (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP quad pixel rear camera with LED flash, aperture f / 1.79, 0. 16 MP ultra-wide action camera with 8 pixels resolution, PDAF, 2.0um Quad Pixel technology, aperture f / 2.2, camera 5MP depth detection, laser autofocus
- 25 MP Quad Pixel Front Camera
- Fingerprint detector
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, two microphones, FM radio
- Splashproof (IPX2)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 15W Turbo charge
The next highlight of Motorola's G8 Plus is its three-camera configuration. This smartphone is equipped with a 48-megapixel main camera with a 1.79 aperture, a 5 MP depth camera and an ultra-wide 16-megapixel 117º action camera. The 4000mAh battery of this device can easily withstand an entire day of intensive use.
Price and availability
Moto G8 Plus will be available in the Cosmic Blue and Crystal Pink color variants. This smartphone costs Rs. 13,999 and can be purchased from Flipkart by the end of October.
Read more: Facts and myths about the smartphone battery