In today's post, we will present some problems you might encounter with the load Slim Pen Surface, and then indicate the troubleshooting steps required to resolve the issues. The Surface Slim Pen is Microsoft's newest and most advanced technology: it incorporates a wireless charge and offers better compatibility with the new Surface Pro X. If you do not care about wireless charging (with the Surface Pro X) or a built-in rechargeable battery, so the classic surface pen is a suitable option.
Solve Surface Slim Pen Loading Problems
Surface Slim Pen problems that you may encounter include the following:
- The stylus lacks battery more often than previous pens.
- The pen has not been used for a long time and it does not work.
- Do not have a way to charge the pen.
- What does the light on the pen mean?
- Need help to pair the pen.
- The pen still does not work.
Now let's go to the detailed troubleshooting steps suggested by Microsoft.
1) The pen's battery is exhausted more often than previous pens.
Your Surface Slim Pen is a rechargeable accessory. When not using your pen, it is recommended to charge it to your USB-C charging base or to the storage tray of your Signature Pro X Pro keyboard. The full charge of your pen takes 90 minutes. Once the battery is charged, your pen ink for 14 hours of active use or stays in sleep mode for up to 2 weeks.
2) The pen has not been used for a long time and it does not work.
The Slim Pen will only keep a charge for two weeks. After two weeks, you will need to load it before you can reuse it.
3) Do not have the means to charge the pen.
The Surface Slim Pen comes with a Surface Pro X Signature keypad or USB-C charging base. Either one or the other of these accessories can charge your pen and there is currently no other charging option.
4) What does the light on the pen mean?
The LED light on your Surface Slim Pen tells you when to charge the battery, etc. See the table below.
|When the light is||It means|
|Flashing in white after pressing the up button for 5 seconds.||Your pen is in pairing mode and you can pair it with your Surface.|
|Solid white after selecting the pair on your surface.||Your pen is successfully associated with your surface.|
|Fade in and out when you place them in the storage tray of your keyboard or docking station||Your pen is docked and will charge if necessary.|
|Amber inputs and outputs.||Your pen is out of battery.|
5) Need help to pair the pen.
You must charge your pen before using it by placing it in the Signature Pro Surface Pro X keyboard storage tray or your charging base for 1 second. When you're ready, use Bluetooth to pair your Slim Pen to a surface.
- Select Start> Settings> Devices> Add Bluetooth or another device> Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the button on the top of your pen for 5 to 7 seconds, until the light flashes white to turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to match your pen.
Check this article if you have ink problems on your surface.
6) The pen still does not work.
You can request a Surface Slim Pen replacement. Do the following:
Once you have selected a registered device, you will see alternative offers based on the status of your warranty and your eligibility for an exchange.
In the comment section below, indicate any problem not listed in this guide!