If you have purchased an Asus router and you now have a configuration and usage problem, we are here to help you. In this article you will get information on how to access the Asus router, how to configure it, how to connect to the Asus router and all other information you need to know.
How to access the ASUS router login page
It is very important to access the login page of your Asus router. This allows you to configure its settings and control its functions. This is the basic step in using your Asus router. This process can be confusing, especially if you do not belong to the technological field. However, we have provided you with a guide here. The following steps must be followed to access the login page of your Asus router:
- Configure your basic hardware. Connect the modem, the router, and your computer using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are correct.
- Connect one end of the RJ45 cable to the router and the other end to the modem. In the same way, connect the modem and the computer. You can also use wireless mode if you do not want to use a wire for this purpose.
- Then, access the system connected to the Asus router via the modem.
- Open your browser (Chrome, Microsoft edge) and look for the address at the top.
- Enter the default web address in the search engine. The default web address or IP address for Asus is as follows: Default IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default web address: routeur.Asus.com
- You will be directed to the Asus login page which will ask you to enter your username and password.
- Enter the user name and password of the router. The default user name is "admin" and the default password is "admin" or "password".
- Click on Login. You will then be directed to the Asus configuration page.
- If you are directed to the configuration page, you have successfully logged in to your router.
How to configure the Asus router
The previous section has guided you to connect to your Asus router. Once you have logged in, the next important step is to configure your router. To configure your router, you must follow these steps:
- Once connected, you will be directed to the configuration page. A new window will appear.
- In the Advanced Settings menu on the left, click on "Administration".
- You will be directed to the "Operating Mode" tab. Choose the option "Repeater Mode" and then click "Save".
- A number of wireless networks will appear. Enter the network key of the network to which you want to connect and click on "Connect".
- Click on the box next to "Use default settings". This will ensure that the same wireless network can be used as a network to extend.
- Finally, click the Apply button to save all your settings.
Configuration of the Asus router:
After configuring your router, you must configure it. After that, you can use your router. To configure your Asus router, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Asus router as shown above. You will be redirected to the login page of Asus. The login page looks like this.
- On the left side, click "WAN" under the "Advanced Settings" tab. You will be directed to the "WAN-Internet Connection Page".
- Then choose the option in the WAN connection type. Choose the "Yes" option to enable the WAN, enable NAT and enable UPnP.
- Set the IP WAN settings and DNS server settings to suit your feasibility.
- Enter the details of your router in the Account Settings section.
- Then click the Apply button. You have finished configuring your router.
How to reset the Asus router password
Your router may be misused by those who have the password of your wireless network. You can, however, secure your Asus router by changing your old password. You can change the password by following the simple steps.
- Log in to your Asus router account. To log in, you can follow the previously specified steps.
- You will be directed to the login page of Asus.
- Click on "Administration" and then on "Wireless Settings".
- You will be directed to the wireless panel. There are many options available in the wireless panel.
- Select the SSID and WIFI band for which you want to change the password. If your router supports a single band, you do not need to select SSID.
- Select the type of password protection. You can choose WEP, WEP2 or whatever suits you.
- Enter the new password. You will be prompted to reenter the new password for confirmation.
- Then click Save and you have successfully changed your password.
Congratulations! If you have been reading this article, you have acquired all the skills to configure and configure your Asus router. You can also change your password if you think someone might abuse it. I wish you a good surfing on the Internet!